13.6.12

Illustrated history

Georgetown is one big wad of history. They have plaques on most corners explaining the origin of the name of the street , and how that street is somehow significant. But the town also takes a more creative approach to sharing information. Scattered through town, there are wrought-iron illustrations set up that illustrate and describe some notable quality of that particular spot. I loved the clean black lines against the often peeling and variegated walls. Because I never knew where I might find one, I at times felt like I was walking through a video game, and each illustration was a 1-up. I could almost hear the chimes every time I found one.

Click on the pictures to see them larger and read the text.









Jimmy Choo had his first apprenticeship here


No comments:

Post a Comment