14.11.11

Take a dip

Splash! is not my favorite sound to hear when I step out of bed.

There comes a day among those of 'becoming an adult' in which you realize that there is no one there but you to clean up. No one to turn to when you don't want to scoop food out of a sink drain or pull hair out of a shower drain. And I've done all those things here. Sometimes, though, the cleanup isn't of your own mess, and that makes it harder to swallow. Especially when it's other people's leftovers spewing out of your drain.

My bathroom flooded again this afternoon, and it flooded all the way into my bedroom. The one saving grace is that the muck that comes out of the drain doesn't carry quite so far. Between rounds of mopping I watched Percy Jackson & The Olympians, a re-rendition of the story of Perseus. What with the Greek influence, I was starting to feel like Sisyphus, especially after watching the bathroom re-flood twice when I had just finished mopping. The floor of my room was almost dry, and then all of a sudden it was not. Flood number four.

I gave up and went to get dinner.

Needless to say, today was not a princess day. Unless today I was filling the shoes of Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment