28.8.11

Raise a glass

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.”  - Henry David Thoreau

A toast I toast to myself:

Here's to getting lost. It's going to happen and that's ok.
Here's to losing things -- patience, hope, marbles -- and finding them again.
Here's to not understanding a word around me, but coming to understand more about myself.
Here's to taking off the training wheels and jumping into the deep end.

Here's to AMSM in Vietnam, part 2.
Here I go.
Bến Tre here I come.

3 comments:

  1. enjoyed yesterday's post parts 1 &2...would love to hear your voice in your new digs, and if you've a new phone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed here is to getting lost, but then to know that you were found by God and while you walk holding His hand, fellingnHim next to you, you will never be lost.

    Love
    Papu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers! Post your new address when you can please! :) -Lesly

    ReplyDelete