8.1.12

Day in the dark

"It is wise for you to choose QINLE QLED SUPER CAPACITY SUPER BRIGHT AND MULTIPLE FUNCTION PORTABLE TORCH for its cherishing and much pretty quality could let you feel more convenient whether at your workshop and family or at your studying and traveling.In order to easily for you to use it,pleaseread following instruction carefully before using." - English translation on my flashlight's packaging

I woke up to no electricity. And it stayed that way until 630pm. On the one hand, the absence of computer and TV helped me do all those things I never get around to because I'm glued to one or the other. My day felt more productive because my filler activities were more diverse and less ethereal; reading, drawing, cleaning, and crocheting feel more real than browsing the internet. It really wasn't so bad until it got dark, and I was playing games on my kindle with a mega LED flashlight nestled on my shoulder, wondering how long I'd be sitting in the dark.

Tomorrow I start teaching again -- sort of. It feels like forever since I have had a full schedule. Mid-November is pretty far from early January. But, I just have to get through this week. By the end of Thursday I'll be on Tet (lunar new year) holiday for two weeks. After that, my schedule will be reshuffled once more and I'll have to find the rhythm all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Simplicity and engagement in the absence of the technologies we empower to quietly steal away our time and life.
    Would love to see want you were drawing.
    Love, Papi.
    PS Shannon Wright asked for you today, and your Steelers play their first playoff game of the season against the Broncos this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete