17.9.11

Friends!

A quick recap:

Teaching in the morning, tried yogurt on ice as a beverage (kind of like very sweet and slightly sour whole milk) in the afternoon, later friends arrived.

Violet and I took a walk while we waited for Andrea to arrive and bought a long-tempting pajama set at long last. Women often wear these floral or brightly patterned matching cotton shirts and pants and they have been tempting me for a good while. With Violet's arrival and her shared passion for the quintessential Vietnamese look, we dropped some bank at the pj store on my street. Even better, I think the top can pass as a blouse when not coupled with the matching pants.

Shirt I did not buy. Can you understand it?

You can't see it in the picture, but our pants match our shirts.
And they're so comfortable!

On the way back we were talking about wishing we could practice our Vietnamese more, and when we stopped at another shop the proprietess started talking to us and asking us questions and I was able to understand and explain that we were Americans and English teachers and that I/we worked at the college. Then she kept talking and I had no idea what she said, but just the fact that I was able to use phrases from my recent lesson and have some amount of exchange was very exciting.

I got to play hostess and take Violet and Andrea, my visiting ETA friends, to try yummy local snacks and we had dinner at the phở place from yesterday. It was well received.


Candid beautiful guests and yummy phở

It was so nice to just lounge and speak English at a normal pace and catch up with each other's lives and share stories about being foreign and being teachers.

There was a katydid in my bathroom tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Guapa. Me encanta que compraste PJs, y que tienes visitas. Aunque un poco adelantado, Feliz Cumple, desde Carolina del Sur.
    Your adventure with the roach reminds of my old adventure when I tried to kill one with a syringe full of formaldehyde, and ended up slipping, squirting it in my own face. Never mind that it was 2 am, and my scream and rush for water to was my eyes and face of scared the be-Jesus of your sleeping abuela.
    Con much amor. Papu

    ReplyDelete